Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Sun is Blinding

On my way home tonight I was blaring the radio (as usual) and Pink's new song came on... I don't know the name or most of the words... but the chorus includes the line... "ohh oh oh, the sun is blinding...."

It couldn't be more true tonight.

I love my job and I have a great life, don't get me wrong... but sometimes it gets a little overwhelming.

I just got back from a great trip to Colorado with my ski team. I had a wonderful time. But all the sudden it didn't seem so wonderful when our plane was late taking off... we got home at 11:00 pm. We got all of our luggage, too smoothly and then we find out that the bus that is picking us up is late... 30 minutes late. Finally it gets there, we get everything loaded and we are headed back to the college. Our lovely bus driver misses the exit and it takes us 30 minutes longer to get back to the college. Finally I start my 45 minute trek home.

I get home... ALL of the cars that aren't supposed to be parked in the driveway are. I lug my 50 pound suitcase through the snow and down the long driveway... Note to self, yell at the boys the next time I see them. I come in the back door, trip on the step and drop my suitcase. I stumble though the hallway that is lined with crap and barely get into my room. The boys have lovingly put things on my bed for me... that I now need to sort through. I head out to get the mail (that I know hasn't been brought in since I left) and since it's dark I trip over the rubbermaid totes that are in the living room. I get to the front door, open it and there are beer boxes on the front porch... I'm sure the neighbors love that. The house isn't exactly "messy" but it is looking like a bachelor pad... X-box games are pigeon holed in the entertainment center, none of the tables have been wiped off in ages, there are boxes and piles and shoes everywhere...

I have to leave for work at 6:30 am. It's currently 1:30 am. I still need to pack for work for the next two days and write a note of things the boys need to do before they leave tomorrow... I know I'm tired and grouchy, I'm going to try to make the note kind.... but no promises.

To top it all off, as I'm speeding home from Westminster tonight I remember the last time I sped home after a trip and got home at about 1:30 am. Last time I had someone warming my bed for me... It made me cry. AGAIN. It made me think of him. AGAIN. I'm tired of missing him so bad... People say the best way to get over an ex is to get a new boyfriend. Does that seem twisted to anyone else?

I'm trying tho. I've been trying to set up a date with a new guy for about a week now. He's been great... he even texts me every morning just to say "Good Morning." :) I feel horrible because these couple of weeks are seriously the most busy I have been in years. It is ridiculous to have to schedule a date over a week out!! I'm eager to meet him... I'm worried that he will think this isn't a priority or I don't have time in my life for a relationship; neither one of which are true....

Hopefully things will calm down soon... My life has a lot of wonderful things. A lot of "sun" if you will, but right now -- the SUN IS BLINDING. (Thanks Pink, great lyrics....)

No comments: