Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Emotional Health, is there such a thing?

Today I actually slept in a bit and was able to watch a little bit of morning TV. I am almost ashamed to admit that I love rolling out of bed, watching Rachael Ray while I eat my granola and then going about my day. After Rachel Ray is Studio 5 (on KSL). While the crew annoys me for the most part, sometimes they have things that peek my interest. Like today.

They had a guest speaker (a doctor of some sort... so she MUST know what she is talking about. haha) that talked about emotional health. I have always admitted that I have a few "issues." Who dosen't? So I was interested to hear what she had to say.

She listed the following five things that were the basis for emotional health. She said if you have these five characteristics in your attitude towards life you were doing well.

1. Embracing
2. Boldness
3. Tenacity
4. Revealing
5. Resilient

As she listed these and gave some examples I instantly thought of situations that were good examples of all five of those things. So there ya have it, I'm emotionally healthy... to SOME extent. I thought it was a good list. I would agree that a balance of these five things would give you a good base... I'll keep working on it. However, I plan on still accepting the fact that we all have "issues."

No comments: