Sunday, March 1, 2009

Family Hike - Zions!!!

It took awhile to get here... If you have spent any time around the Beaudry family you know that we can't get anywhere fast... well, this hike was no exception. I honestly thought we would NEVER get there and that we would have to skip it. But thanks to the family for making it happen... it was well worth it!


ZIONS NATIONAL PARK... I've been meaning to explore this treasure in Southern Utah for awhile now but haven't actually gotten there, until this weekend. The family went on a quick vacation and I was able to pursuade the family into venturing out for a hike... in ZIONS!!
The beginning of the hike gave us this great warning... I tried to distract Mom as we passed the sign, all the while telling her how easy it was and what a great time we would have.

We started off and these great little feet...
Led to this fantastic smile!!! At just the very beginning I was falling in love with Zions. My heart was content. It was absolutely GORGEOUS and I was sooo happy I was sharing it with my family.


There are quite a few of us! There were a few times when I would look around and think, "Wow, we are quite a group aren't we!!" 14 of us... I think. I lost count.

After about 1 1/2 hours of hiking, picture taking, laughing, talking and some great hiking we made it up to the upper pool... and this was our reward....



Sure, we were a bit tuckered out. But it was well worth the hike. Absolutely breathtaking, fantastic weather and great company. We divied out the few snacks we had, explored a bit, took a bunch of pictures and then headed back down...

Here are all the girls on the trek....
Here are all the boys....

Here is arguably the best picture taken on the hike (although there are quite a few wonderful ones... please checkout the full albums by clicking on the links below)....

I HAD A GREAT TIME. MOM SAID IT WAS ONE OF THE BEST HIKES WE'VE TAKEN AS A FAMILY. I AGREE.... CAN'T WAIT TO HEAD BACK AND EXPLORE THE REST OF SOUTHERN UTAH AND ZIONS!!!
------------------------------
For full photo albums follow these links... You (as the public) can view them and there are 2 photo albums. Great pics!! Especially if you know us and love all of our smiling faces. :)

1 comment:

becky said...

Christian and I have done some fun hiking in Zions. He has done a ton as a kid and then through out the years. So fun and beautiful.