Monday, March 30, 2009

Color fixes everything

I'll admit, Saturday I was in bad mood... just in a pure ole' bad mood. I woke up that way. I don't know what brought it on, but I recognized it and decided that I should probably just stay away from people.

Well, for a few years now I have known about the Festival of Colors that is held every spring down at the Krishna temple... it is a celebration of spring. I have seen pictures and such from the past few years and have secretly been wanting to go. Well, it was Saturday afternoon... and even with a very convincing invite from my sister I was still resisting.

After some further encouragment (and telling my roommate that if I was going then he had to go) I decided to give it a try...


You know, throwing colored chalk all over eachother really lifts your spirits... at least it did mine!! The colored chalk is representative of new life and therefore throwing it all over eachother is a celebration of spring and all it holds.... It was actually super super fun.

There were an estimated 15,000 people there, complete with dancers, music, crowd surfing - just a huge party... and nothing like a party where you get to throw colored chalk at people and get insanely messy... all in the attitude of celebrating life!!!

(what I won't tell you is that after this "celebration of spring" we got over two feet of snow... haha. Gotta love spring time in the Rocky's!! Actually, I'm not complaining... now I get a few more days on the mountain to say goodbye to my new snowboard and my favorite views from the top of the runs.... then - BRING ON THE HEAT! I'm ready for a good tan.)

1 comment:

becky said...

that looks so fun. Glad you were open to something even though you were a grumpy gus. I think that is the best when you start so grumpy and then end up having the best day.