Sunday, March 15, 2009

Call to Prayer -- video

Hi everyone, we are getting ready to head out this morning, but since I have gotten some requests for a recording of a call to prayer, and I was up all night getting this one, I thought I would post it so it could upload while we are gone.

We thought it would start at 4:00 am, so I got up five minutes before and waited for it to start... but it never came. So, I went to bed and was woken up at 4:25 by what I thought was the beginning, I decided I wanted to get more of it so I went to bed and said I would get it tomorrow. Instead I was woken up a bit later by a louder and prettier "sing song" call to prayer. I decided I would wake up and record some, just in case I couldn't get anything else later, all thought the other call to prayers I had heard were more of what I wanted to get for you.

Luckily, shortly after I started recording my favorite style of Call to Prayer started. Give the video time, it's fairly long. At the beginning you can hear the quieter "sing song" style Call to Prayer that woke me up... at approx 1:40 into the video the louder call starts, this is my favorite. It's a rather long video, but the entire thing is beautiful.

I recorded it from my riad window. It is pitch black, just like it is for me when it wakes me up in the very early hours of the morning.

I've grown to love the calls to prayer and cherish being woken up and laying in bed listening to them...

Here they are! Love you all, more updates tonight...


1 comment:

Going Full Hippie said...

WOW! How do you sleep through it? Paul was listening and he told me to stop making that noise.