Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Day of Museums



Here is a video I took today, it basically sums up the day... and to my surprise I got a bit emotional. Before I took this video Zannah and I had lunch in a wonderful French restaurant, we enjoyed our quiche and amazing hot chocolate and pastries afterwords. During lunch we had a conversation about when we gained confidence in ourselves (in relations to our conversation about the annoying American girl behind us who clearly hadn't yet). Zannah (who is always WONDERFULLY insightful) suggested that it is when we felt like we were making our own decisions and doing what we want to with our lives, I decided that I agreed with her.

At that point I realized that I'm doing what I want with my life. I've known it before, but today it hit me forcefully. As I walked through the center of Paris and took in some AMAZING artwork, I was proud with where I was and soooo grateful that I'm able to take these adventures. I'm a lucky, lucky girl.

As I was recording this video (saying "AND" a lot... sorry, I simply had a hard time formulating my thoughts into words) I did choke up a bit... My eyes turned that brilliant blue they do when I cry ....

After I finished I got up, enjoyed the Lourve and saw everything I needed to see... and more. I took some pictures to help me remember the emotions that moved me in paintings, the powerful stoic statues and other things that I thought family members would appreciate.

The Musee' D' Orsay was my favorite, honestly. I was so touched and honored to be able to see Degas' dancers... I have loved those ever since I was a little girl, obsessed and hopelessly devoted to dance. I enjoyed seeing a Picasso that was hung at the Musee' De L'Orangerie, it was of a nude couple, a pregnant woman and a man (presumebly her husband). I usually am not a huge fan of Picasso, but this was striking and moving. I loved it.

I would LOVE to tell you about all the great art I saw today, but instead I'll save you the time and boredom. I do have bunches of pictures of things tho... so let me know if you really want to put yourself through that! :)

After six hours of museums I met up Zannah to have my first fondue dinner EVER, not a bad idea to have fondue in Paris!!

Now? We are ready for bed... Zannah is knitting (I have to have her teach me) and I'm blogging..... and soon I'm hoping to be snoring, "daintily" as Zannah says.

Loves to all, tomorrow? A report on Versailles!

2 comments:

gg said...

WOW, just WOW! My little dancer girl all 'growed up', but then you never were too little, you were born mostly 'growed up'.....

have a ball hunny, these days will pass all too quickly and these memories will last forever!

gg said...

oh and btw, I love the video, I love being able to see where you are!