Sunday, March 8, 2009

Cat and Mouse

Today I drove back from Colorado with my ski team. Time logged driving a 15 passenger van = 9 hours.
Everyone survived the partying last night and I only had to wake up once to attend to an injury that occured while dancing... I was very grateful that I didn't have to come up with bail, deal with any blood, clean up any vomit or track anyone down in the morning.
We actually even got out of town only 30 minutes later than I wanted.
I got the van cleaned out, unpacked, a note left for coach with all the awards we collected last night, got the van filled up and dropped off at the rental place and back to my car....
Then I got gas in my own car, loaded all my things from the school, left another note saying bye to all my coworkers for the next couple of weeks and started the drive home.
I was EXHAUSTED to say the least... I had been up all day, keeping things going myself and making sure we all got home. I kept thinking of all the packing and studying that needed to happen in the next 24 hours before I leave.... The only thing keeping me going... PARIS AND MOROCCO BABY!!! :)
I was flying down the highway (and I mean flying... pushing triple digits on the speedometer) and not paying attention to much else...
I pass University Parkway exit in Orem and a car passes me, yes... passes me while I'm going an easy 95 mph. Not only does the car pass me, but there is a smile and a wink coming from the guy driving!! WHAT??!!?
Ok, he can't get away with that... so I trail him till my exit, only about 2 minutes later. He exited in front of me... right off the exit he turns in to get gas and as he sees that I'm not turning he flips a U-turn (all while both of us are rubber necking and looking at eachother) and gets back on the road behind me. He follows for a couple miles then turns off... What?!? He can't do that!!
So.... I make an unnecessary turn and try to catch back up with him. He sees me and again we both rubberneck as the smile on his face is visable from at least a couple hundred yards...
Finally he's at a 4-way stop, I pull up along side him and we roll down our windows....
After a few witty lines we stop in a parking lot and chat for a bit...
Apparently we had been "driving together" since the point of the mountain... He noticed, I didn't.
He asked what I was doing tonight, I told him I have plans (WHICH I DO!!).
He asked my number.... I gave it to him...
Will he call in two weeks? When I'm back from vacation?? Hopefully he will!!!
CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!!! And such a funny story!! It never hurts to play a good game of Cat and Mouse, especially with a guy that can hang at 100 mph and has such a great smile. :)

No comments: