Tuesday, March 10, 2009

BONJOUR!!

Hello to everyone from Paris!!

I got in this morning at 10:30 am and took a cab to Zannah's apartment. I won't tell you all the story about how she forgot I was coming in today (thinking it was Thursday) and therefore didn't pick me up... haha. But we won't talk about it. She already feels horrible. Besides, it isn't an issue... I had a great experiance because of it!!

I called Zannah and since she wasn't there she told me to take a taxi to her place. So, I collected my bags and followed the signs for a Taxi. Since I speak NO french, Zannah told me the address, I wrote it down on a piece of paper and gave it to the gentleman helping me with the taxi. I walked out the door and this nicely dressed, good looking, tall gentleman asked me something in French, I handed him the paper (thinking he would help me hail a taxi). He nodded and walked to the back of a very nice mercedes SUV, he opened the back, took my bags and put them in and then opened the door for me to get in the back. Leather interior, touch screen navigation/radio/phone, he was wearing a leather jacket, smelled good, etc..... I'm not in the U.S. anymore, Toto.

As we drove I was glued to the window. It's so interesting here. The graffiti is gorgeous and I laughed at a few of the english words they used. What would possess a graffiti artist to write "fish" on the wall?

I got to Zannah's street and it is adorable. It's cobblestone with bushes and things along the side, it was gorgeous! We hiked the five stories up to her apartment, lugging my suitcase with us. Then after a quick break we took off into the city!!

We are at a WONDERFUL place that had salads that I am already trying to figure out how to replicate back in the states. We rode the metro and went to see Montmatre and Sacre Coeur, both beautiful.... Then we walked through the city, went over to see Notre Dame and was able to witness a bit of evening mass.



After that we started off on our way back home, stopped to get some fruit from Zannah's "Fruit guys" and yes, they are as wonderful and hilarious as she always says they are. They are boisterous and happy, very welcoming! Then we got some cheese and bread and headed home for a traditional french dinner of fruit, cheese and bread.

I'm off to take a shower, then we will watch a traditional French movie and sleep so we can recharge for tomorrow!!!

Best quote of the day: I saw this cute little dog following his owners and commented on how well behaved he was, no leash or anything!! I took a picture, couldn't help it....
Zannah's comment -- "They're faithful here; the men aren't, but the dogs are."

1 comment:

becky said...

That sounds so fun. I thought the taxi story would end with that he was not a taxi driver but took you there anyway. Sounds like you are having a great time.