Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Heading Back Across the Pond

Here I sit, 11:45 pm, in Paris. I'm packed and ready to go... I'm happy to go home, but I've had the most wonderful time here.

Zannah has been incredibly hospitable and great to travel with. We've had a fantastic time and made many many memories.

The thought of getting back to things doesn't excite me, but it is a necessity I guess. I hear there is a family dinner planned tomorrow so that we can all see each other and I can tell my stories and show my pictures to everyone. I am happy that my first night home will be spent with family and I can ease into things... But the day after that things hit full force, nose to the grind stone, back to reality.

Right now it all feels like a dream, a dream that felt real enough to change me at my core, yet a dream that seems so incredibly wonderful that it couldn't have possibly happened. Lucky for me I have a whole suitcase of presents (for me and others) that prove that it did. The best part about it is that my best gifts aren't even something I can place my hands on, only things I can hold in my heart and my memories....

So, here I sit, nine hours away from loading on a plane to be shipped back to reality and 36 hours from being thrown back into the craziness. Another good part, I get to be seeing most of you sometime soon!! I've missed being home, I'm missing my family and friends and I miss my dog!!!! (dang, I didn't get him any presents.... I hope he dosen't mind).

1 comment:

becky said...

I hope your dog is understanding. glad you made it back safe and sound and with some great memories.