Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Being a Mother to Adult Children is HARD

Today Mom and I went to Mermaid Class (also known as deep water aerobics) and she came over for lunch afterwards; it seems to be turning into tradition to go out to eat after, but I wanted to save cash (and calories) so I told her I would cook at home.

I made a tasty tasty lunch and enjoyed having Mom over at my place for a bit. While we were at the table eating she said, "It's hard being a Mom to adult children." I told her that I agreed that it proabably most definately is...

Tonight I sit here at work and I am wondering what made her say that. Was it that we had a snaffu about an ex-boyfriend of mine (at which point I looked at her and said, "Really? We are really going to fight about someone I'm not even dating anymore??") or maybe it was the fact that I kept trying to tell her what food was good for her....

Now as I'm sitting here organizing my stuff for my 2008 taxes, I realize that she is probably refering to the fact that she does my taxes for me every year! She is a pro!! That is probably what makes it hard...

Thanks Mom, I know there are probably a million things... but you are doing a good job!! Thanks for everything!!

p.s. I'll bring you the stuff for my taxes tomorrow :)

1 comment:

becky said...

That is a funny post even if there is a lot of truth to it.