Thursday, December 4, 2008

Welcome to the Beaudry Show!!

Last night Owen and I were watching UFC, they were playing a marathon of fights of Royce Gracie - a legend in UFC. Royce Gracie is the son of Helio Gracie, the man who basically invented Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. The art of Jiu-Jitsu was based on a martial arts technique that comes out of Japan; however, Helio Gracie added in many holds and submissions that made it what it is today... He was challenged and had to prove himself, but now his schools (and especially his sons) have continued to dominate the fighting arenas. The Gracies are now fighting royalty.
While I was watching these fights Royce Gracie absolutely DOMINATED and he always spoke of how he faught for the honor and respect of his family. In his corner were always his brothers and his father, who was now well into his 80s. During the fights you would see his group of brothers behind the cage yelling support and advice... it was truly a family effort.
This story touched me.
My family has worked hard together to build a legacy as well, at times we had to fight tooth and nail to prove ourselves or to protect what we had worked so hard for... and at times we have had it taken from us.
Multiple times we have been ridiculed for running "The Beaudry Show." At first we were defensive and felt a negative connotation with that reference. But now, I'm not only proud of The Beaudry Show, I'm DAMN proud of it.
When we set our minds to something we do it, and we do it right. When we designate something as The Beaudry Show you can guarantee that it will be done right, it will succeed and it will be something that everyone can be proud of. People around the community (and even the nation or world in some areas) have noticed. My family is respected and sought out because of our success. I'm proud of that.
Building a legacy is a great thing, but being able to do it with your family is an honor. I'm proud to be a Beaudry and I'm proud of what the Beaudry's have done. I'm excited to see what shows we can put on in the future.
Bring it on.... WELCOME TO THE BEAUDRY SHOW.

No comments: