Monday, August 24, 2009

Wearing a Washcloth

I bought a shirt last December. I was intrigued with it when I saw it up on the wall in the store and I made myself buy it.

It hung in my closet since. Still has the tags on it. It orignally cost $42.00.

I've always thought it was pretty, but I've been waiting for the perfect time to wear it. Something a little fancy, not too bland, not too over the top.

We have a wedding coming up.... I put it on the other day and said, "Babe, I'm thinking about wearing this to the wedding. What do you think?"

"It looks like a washcloth." Was his reply.

I sold it today on Ebay for $1.99.

---------

I realize I've been posting a few things that make him sound like an ASS. He truly is absolutely wonderful, incredibly sweet, amazingly romantic and brilliant. But there are a few things that slip through every now and then (I'm definately guilty of the same) and sometimes they are just too funny not to share.

Now, in his defense, as soon as he saw my face he ran over, wrapped his arms around me and said, "Sweety, you look great in anything. You should totally wear it if you like it. I'm sure you will put it together with something that will look great. Besides, your eyes look great with it." But the damage had already been done, I would NEVER wear that shirt, EVER..... At least I can be grateful that I'm dating an honest man....

He has told me that we can go shopping if I want. I'm still undecided on if I'm going to take him up on that offer or not. I may keep that card in my pocket and play it later when it carries more weight. :)

No comments: