Thursday, August 20, 2009

Understanding the Setup

I get it now.

Typically it has been (and taught) that the man/father/husband is the one to leave the home and earn a living. Without going into a lot of detail (or doctrinal or religious debate) I will simply say that I have questioned parts of it, wondered if for certain situations other things may be more appropriate....

Well today I understood it all a lot better.

As I left my home, headed to work, my amazing boyfriend cooking in the kitchen, preparing a BBQ for my parents and brother, the dogs were being lazy in the back yard, the day was perfect.... and I was leaving.

I woke up from a quick nap and as I walked out my bedroom door I entered what was my idea of heaven on earth.... then I had to leave it.

I was emotional, I cried, I asked for a big hug and kiss before I left. I cried on my way to work, I called my parents for a little emotional support, etc, etc, etc.

Then I realized, I bet the reason Heavenly Father suggests men be the ones to leave the home and go to work is so that women don't have to cry day in and day out.

I'm guessing men can hold it together a bit more. :)

Now I get it.... and now I'm counting the minutes till I get to run home in the morning.

No comments: