Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Suspicious Packages

The other night my friend finally came home from living in Paris. She came down for a BBQ and we pulled our Morocco goodies out from their hiding place in my closet. Since she was moving home soon I brought home everything we bought and put it away for safe keeping, I didn't get it out till now... tragic I know.

We smiled as we pulled down all of our yarn. Our floor poofs were still safe and sound; although my goat skin poofs have goat oil all over them, they will need a good cleaning. We found our candle sticks and I let out a big sigh when I left my lantern up there.... still packaged and safe until I actually redo my room and it has a rightful place of it's own.

We laughed as I grabbed our rugs. YES, they look like a Kilo of cocaine, we know. We thought that when the man first wrapped them for us in the rug store, we laughed then... we are still laughing now.


The best thing about it all is that when we unwrapped them they still smelled like Morocco. A little tear crept into my eye, probably hers as well. All the smells from that rug shop, and most of Morocco, expanded into my room when the package was cut open... and even more so when we pulled out each rug and unfolded them one by one.

We could still smell a hint of the tanneries, the dirt, the cigarette smoke, the smell of bodies, the hot wind..... it was all there.... in a package that looked a lot like we were smuggling drugs.

1 comment:

becky said...

It does look like something I would see on a show of DEA. Now it is like they are all new again.