Saturday, August 22, 2009

Gas Releases

Last night after my soccer game in Ogden, Sam and I stopped for dinner at "The Pie".... the best and most famous pizza place in Ogden.

We wayyyyy over ordered and enjoyed fractions of all the deliciousness on the table in front of us. We packed up the rest, barely got stuffed selves back out to the car and started our 1 1/2 hour drive home.

About 30 minutes down the road I notice that Sam is squirming under my hand which is lifelessly placed on his thigh while we drive.

"You alright?" I ask as I look up at his face and notice it is twisting and turning a bit with each breath.

"Yeah," he replies, "I just have a really big gas bubble and I'm trying to decide which way it is going to go, up or down."

Oh great!!! I nervously laugh and say, "Well, thanks for the warning. If I can request I would ask that it please go UP!"

He nodded.

--------

It reminds me of when we were first dating and he let out a burp while we were on a walk. I jokingly said, "Oh Babe, you are soooo romantic."

He replied with, "We've kissed now. I can do those things."

Lucky for me he said it with a smile.... but let me assure you, he was dead serious.

Don't get me wrong, he isn't a man slug. He is quite articulate and proper when needs be.

But let me just say, I'm thanking my lucky stars that I haven't been the victim of a covered wagon, YET. Although, it has been threatened.

1 comment:

becky said...

Boys are gross. I don't care what boy it is or what age they are gross. But they are pretty cute.

There is that same "the Pie" in Salt Lake by the U of U's campus.