Wednesday, August 5, 2009

RETRACTION

Ok, for real... we DIDN'T go to a nudist ranch.

But we did see the sign and thought it was a great photo op!! We hope you liked them. :) hahahaha

However, He did take me camping... and it was WONDERFUL. DELIGHTFUL. HEAVENLY.


We found the Provo River Falls... they were GORGEOUS. The water was freezing, but I couldn't help but get my feet wet.

This was just the beginning of our adventure.... and it started out absolutely awesome.


We drove through many campgrounds until I finally picked this one at Mirror Lake. We got our site set up pretty quickly and Sam tied up the hammock I was so excited about. Then he hopped in to "test it out."

I earned my "one-match-fire badge" in girl scouts, but Sam still took control of the fire responsibilities. It wasn't until the very last day that I built a fire without him.... mainly because he was taking a nap. I personally think he did all the fires because he liked playing with his little hatchet.

If there is one thing that we know how to do, it's COOK. Even over an open fire. This night Sam made me sit and observe... so I kept my tootsies warm by the fire while he tended to the pan of deliciousness.


We are both absolutely in love with our tent ... and our sleeping bags are AMMMAAAZING!

On our last day there Sam finally got in some fishing... he had been wanting to get out to the water and I took the opportunity to get some pictures of what is quickly becoming one of my favorite things to photograph....



After a couple hours of fishing Sam passed out... sandwiched with our totes that usually weren't in the tent; but instead he wiggled down there and fell sound asleep.

We had a great time. One of the things I enjoy the most about my time with Sam is that we explore so much. I have always been a girl that likes to take in as much of the world as possible, and with him I am doing it. We are always doing something, always finding a new corner to investigate.... I love it.
Until our next adventure....

2 comments:

becky said...

I love being outdoors and am recently getting into more camping so fun. You are spending lots of time with this guy.?

Unknown said...

Camping is AWESOME. It's super fun... and yes, I will admit, I'm with him as often as I can be. :)