Sunday, July 5, 2009

They grow so fast!

I've been gone from the house for a long time...

When I got home I had a few suprises. One of the most pleasant one was seeing how my flowers have grown! I have worked hard on these flowerbeds for four years now. Planting perenials takes patience, each year seeing how they have grown in, what additions need to be done and guiding the progress.

I have surrounded my house with plants that have sentimental value. I have dozens of Columbines, the state flower of Colorado... I LOVE these flowers.
I have Lilies, when I was only 14 I worked at a plant nursery for the summer and quickly fell in love with them, I have loved them ever since.
I added Lavender a couple years ago, I remember when my family took Tuffy (for his fifth birthday, I think) to the Young Living Farm and watched jousting and saw the acres and acres of lavender.


This year I used a bit of the space in the back yard for vegetables. They are coming along pretty well...




I have tried to make the flower beds look as natural and realistic as possible. I don't like the highly manicured look, instead like we happened to stumble upon a perfect little cottage... I think I'm getting there.


The plants weren't the only thing that exploded while I was gone.... Ivy has grown about another foot. She is so leggy!!! Very tall and lanky, this stage of puppy hood is quite humerous. She is still as busy as ever.


Then we have this little guy... I missed him so. He hasn't grown at all, still a whopping 9 pounds. He missed me and I missed him.... this picture cracks me up, I think this expression on his face is HYSTERICAL. Love ya, Porter.

No comments: