Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I Miss Cows

He took me back to the country... and I decided I miss cows.

It's amazing how quickly you can become "city folk." Yet, I was pleasantly reassured that there is always going to be some "country bumpkin" in me... it feels like home, always will.

The landscape brought back memories. Seeing wheat fields brought a smile to my face. I remember stopping while leaving home and driving back to BYU, my freshman year, SUPER homesick, bawling my eyes out.... I stopped and cut some wheat from a field. That wheat STILL hangs in my home to this day.

It was a quick trip. Up and back in about 24 hours. But the Birthday Boy deserved it... and he wanted his favorite cake. He was right, it was ABSOLUTELY worth the drive.


His family was fantastic, incredibly warm and a lot of fun to be around. He did take me out for some "sight seeing" in Blackfoot.
First stop: The Idaho Potato Museum

And you can't go there without getting a picture with the giant potato.

No comments: