Monday, July 6, 2009

Quick hands, but not fast enough

On the Fourth of July we had a BBQ at my house after the parade. On our way back to the house Dana and I decided to stop by the store for a few things we needed.

We were stuck in parade traffic and were only about a block away from the grocery store waiting behind people trying to turn onto the main road. I finally said, "Dana, I'm going to get out and go... by the time you get to the store and park I will probably be done shopping." So I hopped out and started my jog across the road in front of her.

I was wearing my "go to" outfit. My only shorts that currently fit me (at all) and one of my favorite shirts... My shorts are getting too big, even though six months ago they were tight on me. As I skipped across the street I felt them starting to sag on my hip, I reached down to pull them up.... BUT NOT BEFORE MY SHORTS WERE DOWN BELOW BOTH BUTT CHEEKS!!! I didn't get to them fast enough and they were on their way down in a hurry!! I quickly pulled them up and turned around to see Dana behind her steering wheel laughing hysterically.

Happy Fourth of July, Dana. Thanks for coming... now I'm going to moon you.

Dana got a good laugh and I got the pleasure of knowing that even these "skinny" shorts are literally falling off of me now.

It's really encouraging to see my progress. I'm currently at 37 total pounds lost, 18 more to go till my goal weight for Hope's wedding, 68 more left till I'm at my goal weight.... I can't believe I am a third of the way there...

I guess I need to start planning an hour or two of shopping, my modesty could use it. LOL

2 comments:

becky said...

That is the best story I have heard in a while. It totally made me laugh out loud and I really needed it today. Thanks for the out loud bellyy laugh I got today.

PS awesome job on the weight loss. You are so motivating to me. I have only lost 6lb of baby weight and it is such a struggle. I love to hear stories like yours and to refocus my efforts.

Unknown said...

I'm glad you got a good laugh out of it, I know we did!! LOL