Saturday, July 25, 2009

FIELD TRIP!!


Today Sam took me to Cabela's.
When we walked through the door he literally said, "Welcome to Heaven."
For him.... my fly fishing, bow hunting boyfriend... it is indeed heaven.
He took me to the huge fish aquariums and explained to me how to tell apart different types of trout (which he would later quiz me on when we played with the multiple types of trout puppets upstairs) and showed me which fish tasted good and which didn't.
After the aquariums we wandered through the fly-fishing area, his eyes were sparkling and I think he was breathing heavy.
We looked at guns, all the stuffed animals on the mountain in the middle of the store, camping gear (which is getting me excited for our upcoming camping excursion), furniture, duck calls and much much more.
That place is CRAZY!!! It has just about everything he could ever want... and I compiled a mental check list of all the things he drools over.
The best part about the whole thing? He explained everything, was patient with my endless questions and let me be a part of "his" things. Sure, I probably will never paint my face in camo and shoot anything with a bow and arrow.... I will let him do that; but it was fun to share it with him. I'd do just about anything to see his eyes sparkle like that.
What's even better? It was actually a TON of fun.

2 comments:

becky said...

Boys are so funny.

NightHawk said...

I was just there....I LOVE that place!