Monday, April 6, 2009

To All My Fans

Today I had my weekly weigh in... It's the lowest weight I can remember in at least the past couple years.

I get a kick out of standing on the scale and placing the weights where they were last week and then moving them down one pound at a time. I always get a funny little smile on my face after I drop about three pounds... then a look of astonishment when the deficit grows to four or five.

Today I had a decrease of four pounds, bringing my overall weight loss (since the beginning of the year) to 23 pounds. I have two more pounds to lose before I get my reward of a massage... I am excited.

I feel great. I have a ton more energy and my body feels alive and vibrant. I am happier and more laid back. I smile more and feel like I'm having more fun in life.

Today I worked hard at the gym. Lately I have noticed during my workouts that I'm actually sweating a lot. It may sounds weird... but that gets me excited. It tells me that I'm in shape enough to be able to work hard enough to sweat that much!! I get excited when the back of my shirt is wet after a workout... wierd, but true.

I want to thank everyone for all your help and encouragement. Honestly, I KNOW I couldn't be doing this without you all. I appreciate your words of support and I absolutely love it when you come workout with me... either at mermaid class, on hikes, with Poppa at the station, etc.

I draw motivation from you, especially your praise. When I hear things like, "you are looking so good!!" I love it... it helps me stay motivated to keep working hard. I am so grateful!! Thanks a ton!!

Next stop.... a long massage. AHHHH.....

2 comments:

becky said...

I am so excited for you. Losing weight is so hard. I have started to try and lose my baby weight and I have to admit I am not excited for all this hard work. You are totally inspiring me to get off my lazy bum. I love how I feel as I notice that I can exercise harder or my butt jiggles less when I work out and most of all when the scale goes down. Where do you work out. I would love to work out with you sometime.

Unknown said...

Becky, I would love for you to come work out with me!! On Tuesdays and Thursdays we have mermaid class at the provo rec center, noon - 1pm. Other than that I'm either at home or 24 hour fitness in Provo. I'm really going to try to get out and hike more now that it is starting to warm up. Maybe we could set up a time to go for a hike with all the kids, is Caitlyn up for that? I bet the boys would be!! Let me know!!