Sunday, April 19, 2009

I was overcooked


Yesterday I went on a hike with Mom. While we were hiking she was telling me about when her and Poppa were first married and stories from that time. She told me about their time in Butte, Montana... which they have always fondly referred to as the place I was conceived. Yes, they even took me back as a child and took a picture of me standing on the sidewalk pointing to the bedroom window where "the magic happened."

She was talking about when she was pregnant with me and she went to the doctor and heard the heart beat... in July. I said, "what??!?" and was quickly doing the math on my fingers. My birthday is May 7th.

It wasn't until this point that she told me that she was pregnant with me for almost 11 months!!! Is that even possible??!! She admits that at the time she thought she had her dates wrong and therefore they had my due date wrong... except for the fact that she heard my heart beat in July, you can't argue with that.

I am absolutely amazed and flabbergasted.... 11 months!! I literally stopped on the trail and was doubled over laughing. Is this even possible?? Mom says so!!

So there you have it. I've always been stubborn and done things on my own terms... even to the point of baking for two months longer than I'm supposed to. I've been this way from the beginning... :)

Geez, I need to get Mom and Pops to talk more... tell us more about things back then. We are coming up on 30 years of them meeting (the end of May, married in December) and I think this is a GREAT time for the stories to start coming out.

No comments: