Monday, April 20, 2009

Please file this away for a MUCH LATER time

I watched a couple movies this weekend that got me thinking about death, dying and the person I want to be before that time comes. My great-grandmother is losing her battle with cancer as we speak and everytime I think of her I feel her love and kindess that she has showered upon me and so many others. So, I've been thinking about death quite a bit lately.

I would like to start out by telling you all that I don't think about death a lot, or expect it to come any time soon... I have a great life and I plan on living it as long and as fully as possible. However, death isn't something I'm afraid of and I've given it a bit of thought.

I've mostly thought about my funeral, how I want people to react, how I want to be remembered, what I want said about me when I pass on...

So, here it is; here are my preferences. If you could please humor me I would appreciate it. I will no doubt smile down on you from above.

1. I would like a statue of some sort instead of a head stone. Not a huge angel with wings or anything, but probably a tasteful, beautiful woman of some sort. Something a bit contemporary, yet gorgeous.

2. Please dress me in something comfy, keep my makeup semi-natural and my casket/urn not too showy. I don't wear satin or silk now and I don't need to then... just something down to earth would be great (no pun intended).

3. I would like a slide show of me and all my family/friends at my memorial service. I would particularly love for it to be put to great uplifting and motivational (yet modern and hip) music.... one of my favorites being "Ride" by Cary Brothers. That song has held the "most played" title on my iPod for over a year now and everytime I listen to it I feel like my life is perfect...

4. I would like it said that I'm a good kisser (by someone who knows). I had my ex-boyfriend promise me multiple times that if I died he would tell everyone this over the pulpit... I don't want it to be him (anymore, that would be really wierd).... but it would be fun if someone that knew it was willing to tell everyone. I find it to be a very important trait. :)

5. Have a good time... sure, miss me. You can even cry your eyes out. But overall, enjoy yourselves.

and probably MOST IMPORTANT.... Please forget all the bratty/bitchy things I've done. I've tried to be better, tried to be sweet and kind.... so if we could just remember the positive I'd appreciate it.

Ok, I think that it is it.... I'll let you know if there is anything else. Thanks. :)

1 comment:

Jim Family said...

i dont feel good about this post.