Sunday, March 7, 2010

I'm DONE!!

Last night was our final night in Maine. The previous day I had bought three lobsters. LIVE lobsters and brought them back for our enjoyment. One of the kids on the team is a great cook and was really eager to put these things down in the pots. We cooked these puppies up before our final banquet and they were yummy!!!

There were only three of them for all 11 of us... but we each got a good taste. It was a fun experiance to cook them and eat them; definately more entertaining than just getting one at the resturant!


We didn't know that the final banquet was supposed to be formal dress.... so after we got done on the mountain that day the kids went to a thrift store. In the middle of nowhere Maine, this is the best they could find....

I personally think they look like a bunch of polygamists. haha.


Lucky for us the kids had fun with it and made a good joke out of it.
This is everyone dressed up in their Polygamist finest enjoying a bit of lobster. What a great way to end the week....


Today we left at 6am EST. We drove four hours to Boston, dropped of our rental vans and got the airport to leave in a few hours... we are all on different flights, so I had a few hours to spare.
For lunch I went and got myself a lobster roll and Blueberry Pale Ale. I saw it at a resturant on my way out of the airport when I got here... I've been thinking about it ever since. Today I induldged and BOY, was it worth it!!! It didn't have as strong of a blueberry taste as I expected, but it was yummy!


I'm now headed home and I'm excited. I can't wait to get there. These flights are going to seem to take ages.... I'm hoping I can fall asleep and make the best of it.
Here's to happy flying! (which is always easier with some Blueberry Pale Ale in your tummy!)

1 comment:

becky said...

It looks like you had a great time. At least you are getting to see and experience new things.