Saturday, March 13, 2010

BRAGGING

Ok, after my last post I thought I would take it a step further (AKA, probably too far). I'll admit, I'm proud.

Yesterday the baby girl and I got up, made breakfast, then hit the stores with coupons in hand!

We had some decent savings... and now I'm going to brag.

Fresh Market Grocery Store (the store formerly known as Albertsons):
Subtotal = $63.42
Paid = $32.03
total savings of $31.39.... or 50% of total bill!!!

Macey's Grocery Store (my favorite!!)
Subtotal = $171.07
Paid = $148.22
total savings of $22.85... 14% savings. Not a ton, but we got a few things we needed (and didn't have coupons for, gasp!!) and tons of produce and other things on sale.... I'm pleased.
p.s. This includes a $12 Dora the Explorer Waterbottle that apparently we just COULDN'T part with. :)

Smiths Grocer Store (quickly becoming one of my favorites)
Subtotal = $172.19
Paid = $98.73
total savings of $73.46... 43% savings. Wahoo!
p.s. This includes two movies bought for the Baby Girls' birthday this summer.

TOTAL SAVINGS OF THE DAY = $127.70

I'm feeling good about that!!

Now our pantry is overflowing. Sam had to completely reorganize the freezer to even get it to shut, the fridge is stuffed and both of us have AMPLE snacks/goodies/necessitites to pack dinners for work.

I LOVE COUPONS!!!

1 comment:

becky said...

I love coupons too. And smiths is getting some good deals. Oh and i wanted to mention that Macey's is cheaper at regular price than most other stores and so you have better than the 14% savings.