Tuesday, February 23, 2010

HOME

Last night I was at work, trying to get out the door. My cell phone rang and it was Sam.

I answered, "Hi Babe" with a little bit of tired and weariness in my voice.

He answered, also a little bit tired sounding, "Sweetie, Do you remember you have a home? Do you want to come here?"

I realized then exactly how much I have been gone. I've been working constantly, and while Sam is very supportive and grateful for me working so hard.... it's been difficult to be apart so much.

A few tears came to my eyes.... I replied, "Oh Babe, I'm trying to get out of here. Let me finish up with this athlete and I'll call you as soon as I'm out the door."

I hurried to finish and buckle up the last few things that I needed to do and literally jogged to my car. I called him as soon as I was out of the parking garage and we talked the whole way home.

When I got home we watched some TV while snuggling on the couch, got in the hottub and he quickly slid over and pulled me down into the lounge seat with him, we got in bed and watched a movie while I laid on his chest. This morning my alarm went off and HE hit the snooze button as he pulled me into a strong embrace, snuggled his face in my neck and held me tight.

He's been missing me.... While it's hard to be apart, and it's only going to get worse for the next little bit, I can find comfort in the fact that he misses me. For now I'm looking forward to tonight when I get to be in his arms again.

No comments: