Tuesday, March 13, 2012

If only there were catnip for humans...

I went and picked up my new dog, Ike, on Sunday. He has been with his foster family (they fostered him from the shelter where I was lucky enough to find him) and they have been wonderful enough to keep him for me unitl I get into my house.

Well, after dropping him off after our last playdate and both of us having serious emotional trauma with having to leave him there I decided that when I picked him up on Sunday it was for good, no taking him back.

So, you can imagine how this started changing things when I didn't close on my house last week and realized that me, my little dog, and my new huge dog would all be at my parents house for the next week.

Now, this wouldn't really be a huge issue, except this new huge dog of mine loves to chase cats. My brother has a cat. They had met once previously and it ended with Chief (the cat) not coming out from under my parents bed for five hours.

How do we solve the problem? Chief has been locked in my brothers and parents bedrooms since Ike came home. Chief gets to come out when Ike goes for a run, but that isn't much. I have felt awful about this, so as a peace-offering I brought him home some toys yesterday.

This little guy below is one of the toys I brought home. It's called a Show-Gull and has huge plumbs of feathers that come off it's butt and head. Apparently Chief LOVES it and has been playing with it all day.


The other toy I brought home was a small little squirrel that you can fill with loose catnip. Mom filled the squirrel and presented Chief with both the toys. Porter (my little 9-pound dog) stole the squirrel and spent the next couple hours rolling on it and drooling all over this catnip squirrel! Then he spent the next couple hours passed out in bed.

That's correct. My little dog is really a cat. Shhh, don't tell Ike.

No comments: