Thursday, March 29, 2012

It's like Christmas


Unpacking after this move has been like Christmas. After my things being in storage for 14 months I had forgotten so much of what I had!

I am lucky in the sense that most of the decorations I have come to me with really great meaning. I have things from trips, paintings by my Brother, art from my best friend in High School, presents from friends and family. Everything has meaning, everything has a story.

I can honestly say that unpacking has been a real treat. I have rediscovered so many things that are dear to me. Like the artwork hanging in my living room. I love it. It's special to me for it's own reasons. My living room also includes the stained-glass lantern that I hand-carried all the way back from Morocco.

My bedroom has a painting done by my brother. My living room has a beat-up Tonka Truck dump-truck that has been mine since I was a toddler. It still has dirt on it from Indiana, Colorado, Washington and now Utah.

Yesterday I unpacked my diplomas and certificates to hang on the walls in my office. One of them is a cross-stitch from my Grandma Voris (who passed last year) with my graduation dates and a great quote.

I unpacked all my team photos and signed photos from athletes yesterday. Those will soon hang in my game room. All my athletic memorabilia brings back floods of memories.

Yesterday I cooked myself dinner in my new kitchen. The radio was playing, the sun was shining in through the french doors and the dogs were sleeping on the rug.

As I unpack this house I am blessed to be surrounded by love and memories. It makes this house my home... and that is so special it brings tears to my eyes.

No comments: