Wednesday, March 28, 2012

New Career Idea... Athletic Team Analysis

So, I was in San Diego all of last week with the track team.

Let me start off by saying, I can't complain at all!! We stayed in a gorgeous house 10 ft from the beach and I got to run on the beach trail every morning. We watched dolphins all day, cheered on surfers both novice and advanced, watched a seal play in the waves and made dessert in the campfires on the beach. A lot of it was sooooo fun.

But I will tell you this. After being in this business for over 14 years I know a thing or two about athletic team dynamics, and this trip was very interesting in this regard! It wasn't what I expected. Some I did expect, but it was a lot deeper than what I anticipated. Some I didn't see coming.

Spending five days with 25 people, living in the same house. You really get to see what is going on. How people feel and what they think. Dynamics and interactions come to the surface in spades.

Maybe I'll write a book....

No comments: