Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Moving Day


So, updates for all of you...

I am closing on my house a week from tomorrow, if not sooner.

It has been quite the ordeal to get here... over a year of looking at houses and I feel very confident that this is a great one. The inspection turned up some issues in the garage... after hiring a structural engineer and going back to the sellers asking for repairs we finally have it all worked out.

Here are the stats:
-Sugarhouse/Millcreek area (very close to Downtown Salt Lake City)
-Only 4 (four) minutes from Westminster College -- wahoo!!
-Four bedroom, two bath
-1996 sq feet split evently between two floors
-COMPLETE REMODEL/FLIP -- everything EVERYTHING is brand new
-Did I mention the kitchen and bathrooms are GORGEOUS??
-complete mother-in-law apartment downstairs (great rental possibilities in the future!)
-Parking for 10 cars, not including two car detached garage.
-Porches off front AND back... great entertainment potential
-lots of room for a garden and maybe even a greenhouse and chicken coop
-great hottub pad for future (hopefully soon) hottub
-all the charm of a early 1900s house, but all the upgrades to make it fantastic

So, now I am making lists and trying to get ready to move. I'm realizing that I need to nail down a closing date tomorrow hopefully, I need to be able to give notice of a move date to all of my awesome friends that have volunteered to help.

We start spring break at the college on Monday, so hopefully I can move as early in the week as possible and give me and the pups some time to settle in before we get back to the grind...

Another important note -- I will have a guest room shortly, so everyone is invited/expected to come visit! Sooo much fun!

I will post pictures of the house and upgrades as they happen... stick to facebook for updates!

No comments: