Sunday, February 5, 2012

Stumped, Frustrated and Seriously P.O.'d


Well, we don't know what is going on. Three doctors, four rounds of blood tests, three other tests and over four months of treatment and NOTHING.

Here's the big question:

Sara works out like an animal, counts every single calorie, has major calorie deficits and hasn't lost a pound in over 12 weeks. I lost some initially when I RADICALLY changed my diet... but nothing now.

I AM BEYOND FRUSTRATED AND PISSED OFF.

A few years ago I lost over 50 pounds in six months... I am doing the exact same thing this time except working HARDER and yet ... nothing.

I know something isn't right, but I can't figure out what. I'm frustrated that I have years and years and years of education in this area, I have worked with multiple doctors and medical professionals and ALL OF US ARE STUMPED.

Last Thursday I went and gave six more vials of blood for another blood test.

Today I am spitting in vials every couple hours to collect saliva for testing.

Every day I am counting calories, calculating BMRs and calories burned.... resulting in an average of almost 1000 calorie deficit every day.

Mondays I swim for 1.5 hours and dance for 1.5 hours.
Tuesdays I lift weights for 30 minutes and run for 45 minutes.
Wednesdays I do kick boxing for an hour.
Thursdays I lift for 30 minutes and do 75 minutes of spin class.
Friday-Sunday I run (or something else) at least twice.

It's insane. A person my size should not be training for and completing sprint triathlons and not be losing weight.

So, for now I am waiting and trying to have faith in my doctors and all these tests that we can figure out what is wrong. I hate to say it, but I'm getting really frustrated and honestly losing some drive.... which isn't fun at all.

No comments: