Friday, January 20, 2012

Dreaming about goals and passions...

I woke up the other morning and instantly remembered what I had been so fervently dreaming about all night!! TRIATHLONS!

I remembered feeling the warmth of the water in the swim, the wind on my face during the bike, the pounding in my ears during the run.

I remembered that my triathlon friends were in my dream too, just like they always are in reality.... same with my family. They were there too, screaming their guts out as always.

It made me long for these days....


I am training my ass off right now preparing for my first sprint triathlon this year -- MAY 12TH.

I am taking a spinning class with the reputation for being the hardest spin class in the Salt Lake Valley and I am hoping it prepares me for those three-mile hills that are looming in the bike course in May.

I have upped my swim workouts to 500 meters before I teach water-aerobics for an hour every Monday. I feel like that should give me a good base to kill a 400 meter swim!

I am working on my running and have set HUGE goals to cut down my run time.... this is where I really need to get to work.

It was fun to dream, to realize that I am excited for it and looking forward to it. It's nice to know it is in the forefront of my mind and that my goals and desires are all lining up.

Because, let me tell ya -- that smile you see below? It's one awesome feeling!

No comments: