Sunday, January 15, 2012

Working with friends means you get paid of have fun...

I have great friends, and I have two great jobs. Lucky for me most of my amazing friends work with me... which makes things LOTS of fun.

This weekend highlighted this perfectly. We started out with a suprise party for on Friday night. It got crazy and dirty quick. The fire burned hot and fast, by 10:30pm we were done... but that wasn't before there was already lots of embarrassing pictures, chants, great stories told, great food eaten and lots of beverages consumed. I realized that night that I have great people who surround me every day and I am incredibly lucky to be able to call them friends. I was talking with the wife of a co-worker and telling her how unique our situation at LifeFlight is, how close we get through working shifts together and how much fun it can really be. I realized it's a unique thing. I also realized how much damn fun we can have when all of us get together on a Friday night.... whew whee!!

Then the next day I got up dark and early to go to Pocatello with my track team from the college. We all crammed in my little car as we waited for the van and then had a surprisingly enjoyable ride up there. The athletes are fun and the coach I would categorize in my awesome friend category. I realized again how truly lucky I am to be able to go to "work" and feel like I'm playing with friends all day. We encouraged and supported each other all day, then stopped for a yummy Cafe Rio dinner, stopped again before leaving Idaho to play some scratch-lotto tickets, the guys won a little and re-tried their luck... and lost. We stopped AGAIN for gas. We giggled and sang all the way home, and screamed with joy when the 49ers won the game with seconds left.

Overall....We laugh, we joke, we discuss, we play, we dream, we sometimes cry. We plan parties and vacations, we give and ask for opinions. We counsel and laugh. We share and we love.

It's an incredible thing and something that I have realized how truly blessed I am because of it. Not many people are this lucky... but I'm grateful I am!

No comments: