Monday, August 30, 2010

Fortunes

I've been dabbling with the dating scene lately. Honestly, I'm not ready to start dating; but it helps to take my mind off things, realize I'm still attractive to guys out there and also show me that there are other options... that he wasn't the only one that can get my engine running.

So.... I have been chit chatting with a few gentleman, one quite a bit. He's a slow mover (which is good for me right now). We have been emailing and messaging, recently switched to texts and finally set up a date for next week.

He checks in with me quite a bit via text, which is fun. It always makes me smile.

Yesterday I sent him a message and the conversation took a fun turn....

---------------

ME: I just got a fortune cookie that you might find interesting.

HIM: Yeah? what's it say?

ME: And I quote, "you will meet a new person in this next week for your benefit."

HIM: Oh wow, that is interesting!

ME: I thought so. :)

HIM: Mine said, and I quote, "the heart that loves is always young."

ME: You had a fortune cookie today?

HIM: Yeah, we [him and his kids] had chinese for dinner.

ME: Great minds think alike... and I personally think that keeping the heart young is a good thing. :)

HIM: Yes they do and yes it is.

-----

Ahhh, so fun to flirt sometimes!! haha. We will see how this date goes. :-)

No comments: