Sunday, August 15, 2010

You have a lot of esplainin' to do

I don't remember what movie it's from... but remember that line? The one that says, "You have a lot of esplainin' to do!" In that wierd lisp of an accent??

Well, I have a lot of explaining to do... I'm trying my darndest to explain why Sam dosen't live here anymore. I'm trying to explain why Olivia dosen't live here anymore, and neither do any of her really cool toys that used to be in her room.

My niece and nephew are here visiting for an hour or two and they just don't understand why all the toys arent here. They don't understand why Sam and Olivia aren't here... or the dog Max.

They have a lot of questions and I'm trying to have the right answers. Answers that make it understandable, make it make sense.

They are trying to understand that Sam and Olivia won't ever live here again and they are trying to understand why I'm not "the second wife" anymore. (We weren't ever married... but in their little heads we were married, and Sam and I were husband and wife.... how else could we live together if we weren't married??!?!? haha).

So yes, I'm sorry darlings, but I'm not the second wife anymore. One of your best friends dosen't live here anymore, and neither do any of her really cool toys. My "husband" dosen't live here anymore, and neither does his really funny dog, or his GI Joe toys... the ones that used to be on the headboard.

I'm sorry that I keep crying when you ask for them, for their toys, for the dog, for Sam's toys, for their movies. I don't mean to make you feel bad, really. I'm trying to stop crying, I know you don't understand.

Let's just all lay here and watch a movie, ok? Even though the last time I laid in bed and watched this movie it was with two very different people... the ones you have been asking for, the ones that you are so used to being here. I'll try not to cry, especially when the fairies fly out... because that was her favorite part.

2 comments:

Going Full Hippie said...

I'm sorry! I thought it might have been something like that. You're great for loving all of them though, especially mine. Being at your house was the highlight of their week, seriously.

And the 'splaining is from I Love Lucy. Her husband Ricky Ricardo would say "LUCY! You've got some splaining to do!" in his great latin accent. Was he cuban? Puerto Rican? I can't remember.

Love you!

Angie said...

Gosh, it's so hard, isn't it? I'm kind of glad that I don't live in the same house anymore- it would be so difficult with all those memories floating around. My 4 year old niece asked me one day, "did you and ben break up?" I thought that was so cute- so now when kids ask, that's what I say. Sure, it was quite a bit more than that, but it sounds good and is understandable to a child. Hang in there, Sara! Things HAVE to get better, right?