Thursday, January 21, 2010

Rock on....

It's January 21st, always a hard day.

One of the hardest things in my life occured five years ago today (rockonjaxon.com). I still think about it often, still wear a memorial of it on my right hand, will forever hold it in my heart.

Before light broke this morning I loaded a bus for a trecherous 10.5 hour bus ride to Montana, to a cute little ski town that I should be excited to explore.

Instead I've been brough to tears when my phone regains service and I get voicemails from a little high pitched voice telling me she misses me and that I should come home from Montana, quickly followed my a sexy low voice telling me he didn't mean to make me sad, but they do miss me and to "have fun" and hurry home.

You know, I used to LOVE traveling with teams. I loved exploring and seeing different corners of the country....

But now, not having my exploring partner with me makes it hard. It dosen't hold the same appeal. It's awfully hard to be alone in a cold bed in an old hotel room.

But I'm doing something that I'm supposed to "love", something I've "loved" for a long time....

Will I get used to it? Is it time for a change?? My tears say it possibly is.

This morning I added some bath salts to my suitcase. Sam got them for me for Christmas and I thought it would make things a bit easier while I'm gone. Remind me of him and bring a little comfort.

Wow, I'm being a complete baby about this.... but hey, we haven't been apart for a single day since we met... its hitting me harder than I expected.

I'm off to take a bath, and get on another long awaited phone call home. I miss them.....

(sorry for the Journal post.... but it feels good to get it out.)

On a good note, I will get to have dinner with my best friend from high school while I'm up here.... and hopefully meet her new little one. :)

Till later, Good Night from Red Lodge, Montana.

1 comment:

becky said...

I like that your posts are real. My husband makes the joke that most blogs aren't real. We can know someone is doing terrible but yet their blog is all rainbows and sunshine. We all have crappy days,weeks or even years and I think it is good for people to know that we are all human. I hope your trip goes well. It sounds like your guy is very supportive and think of how great it will be when you get home to him and the little girl.