Friday, June 3, 2011

Keeping Book

When I was in high school I worked with the baseball team doing athletic training for three years. It was one of my favorite sports and I have a lot of fond memories from then. I remember when they surprised me with a birthday cake and team bag on my 16th birthday. I remember freezing to death during snowy games in the early season and my parents showing up at the dug out with armfuls of blankets for us. I remember our trips to Seattle. I definitely remember keeping book.





I really enjoyed keeping book. Maybe it was my OCD kicking in, but I was meticulous with that thing. Every pitch was marked. Every hit appropriately categorized. I did it in pencil and not a mark was missed or out of place.


A couple days ago I went to Tuffy's baseball game and the coach ran up to our little family sitting on the first base line. He asked if any of us knew how to keep book. I said I did and took the job.

It wasn't until the first batter struck out that I realized I had forgotten a few things!! But what are smart phones for other than to save you in situations like this?!?! So I googled a baseball score book and it all came rushing back to me.

I had a fun time keeping book, but that meant I didn't get to play with my camera..... but Winter took over photo duties and got some great shots.


2 comments:

becky said...

fun. I like keeping books too. Hey my sis in law lives in salt lake and got a brand new fancy camera and now wants to take a photography class. Where did you go?

becky said...

ps I can't belive Winter is all grown up.