Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Poppa's birthday 5k

It all started when I ran my first 5k on my birthday. Owen ran with me and Poppa was out of town for work. So when we found out there was a 5k on Poppa's birthday too we knew we had to run. (The exciting news is that Owen found out there is a SPRINT TRIATHLON on HIS birthday this year, eek!!! I think we are going to do it...)

Owen decided he wanted to actually run this 5k for a great time for himself.... so he took off ahead of Poppa and I and finished in 23 minutes and some change, great time Owen!! Then he waited for us at the finish line with the rest of the family.


They made a sign for Poppa that said, "51 and still runnin'"... they sang happy birthday as he crossed the finish line too! So fun!


We started to kick it in.... we did pretty well. I was mostly pleased with how I did. Tuffy came and kicked it in with us. I think we are going to get him out there with us next time.


The time clock that is running is actually the time clock for the half-marathon that was going on as well. Our time was actually 46 minutes and 26 seconds. I had a new PR by a little over 5 minutes!! Wahoo!!!


Thanks for the support everyone!! Love you!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, POPS!


No comments: