Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Pool time

Tuffy and I went to the neighborhood pool today. I sprayed him down with 50 SPF sunscreen and then made the brilliant decision that since we wouldn't be there long I didn't need any.... I wanted to get SOME color.

So we played, Tuffy made some friends and saw some friends from school. I listened to the ridiculous women next to me talk about all kinds of ghetto ridiculousness. I watched a few younger girls lay out and take kissy face pictures on their phone.

Well, three hours later we decided to go home. Time to get ready for baseball and work.

I checked myself out in the mirror and decided that I got some decent color.

Well, that decent color has now turned into a lovely shade of LOBSTER.

Why do I always think I can get away with no sunscreen my first real time in the sun? You think I would have learned by now. On a better note, it usually just takes me one burn at the beginning of the summer and then I'm good for the rest of the year.

I'm headed to Vegas on Sunday for two weeks. Hopefully I don't peel because I hate feeling like a leaper when I'm laying pool side. But on the flip side I probably could have a decent base layer if things die down to a nice tan.

Time will tell!! Now where is the aloe?

No comments: