Sunday, May 1, 2011

6 days and counting...

I'm 6 days out from my first 5k. Today I started my final week of my 5k training and ran for an 30 minutes straight. The great part??? It didn't kill me!!

I'm feeling pretty confident that I can run this entire 5k on Saturday. It will be difficult, sure... but I'm feeling confident!

I'm so proud of my body for adapting the way it has. Honestly, this is one of the most empowering things I have ever done. Being able to see my progress in 8 short weeks is nothing short of staggering.

My pops came and ran with me today and it was a lot of fun. It's really fun to run with someone sometimes!! My awesome bro is going to run my 5k with me and I'm grateful for that. He will be able to help distract me and push me through the times when it gets hard.

Today my running coach (in my ipod) said, "You are a real runner now!!" It was really cool to hear.

In other news, my brother, Mom and Dad all graduated from Utah Valley University this week!!!
I'm so incredibly proud of them!! We have partied our guts out and had a blast!!!

Now we can start planning all those fun things to do since they won't be stuck with a nose in their book all the time!!!

1 comment:

becky said...

I have been waiting to hear how the 5k went