Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Photography Camp

Yesterday I spent the entire day at a photography class. I learned a TON and by the end of the day my head was spinning with all the new stuff I learned.

We spent the morning in classroom and then in the afternoon we went out to a local park and practiced everything we had learned.

We shot in manual mode the entire time (I was quite proud of myself) and I was able to wrap my head around some things!

Now I just need to PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!

Here is a shot I took right off the bat, practicing on metering and exposure.


Our instructor helped us experiment with shutter speeds, panning and background blur by running and jumping thru the middle of us. What a sport. :)






This is what our group looked like all day.... paparazzi in the park!! LOL


I think I might be most proud of this shot. I was working on light metering and this is what I produced. I love it.



Working on depth and aperture.



Again, working on depth and aperture. Bluring the foreground and background.


Metering and light again. Trying not to underexpose or overexpose certain parts.


Working on manual settings -- ISO, aperture, shutter speed, etc in different lights and depths.





I liked this little smiley face I found...



Depth of field in landscape.... having everything in perfect focus, not just one depth.




Again just working with manual settings, learning how to choose settings and piece them together.




I have always wanted to get more into photography and this was a great jumping off point. It has been a goal for years to get into a class and I finally did it. Now I just need to practice and practice. So... let's go do some photo shoots!!

No comments: