Wednesday, May 19, 2010

WARNING: RECIPE HOARDER

I have a confession. I hoard recipes.

I like to collect them. I tear them out, print them off, copy them down, whatever... if I think they look or sound good, naturally.

Well, here is the problem. I collect WAYYY more than I use.

I have books full of recipes that I've never tried.

So, I'm now making a conscious effort to use more of them. To test them out. If we like them then I am going to try to bring them into the rotation of yummy food that I'm trying to keep in the house. If they aren't AWESOME then I'm going to get rid of them. I've decided there is no use in keeping OK recipes when there are FANTASTIC ones out there.

So, I'm starting on my new goal. To try out recipes. I need to try more than I collect, which is no small task!!!

Today I made TWO new recipes. I made a blackberry lemon coffee cake with lemon glaze icing that apparently Sam LOVED because he asked for seconds and thirds.

Then for dinner I made pork with a white wine and apricot sauce. It was super yummy, I think! Sam was still sleeping before work so I don't know how he liked it, I left him some in the fridge... I hope he found it!

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE to cook, so it's fun for me to try new things and use new recipes. The best thing will be that the more I try new things the more I will be able to "experiment" more effectively. THAT is an exciting thought! I love being able to whip up a yummy meal from random things in the fridge and pantry.....

Ahh, I love it. I'm already getting excited to cook something new tomorrow. I'll have to look through my recipes when I get home.

1 comment:

becky said...

I am doing the same thing. I have a binder full of recipe finds that I have yet to try so I try and make something new each week. Unfortunately I have A LOT of dessert ones and so I have to pick and choose when I make those. I am in a competition that I will lose points for eating bad. But it is giving me the opportunity to try all my healthy recipes. Good luck.