Sunday, May 23, 2010

Runnin' With the Pack

Yesterday we went out exploring. Sam headed to the desert a bit south of us and started trying to find a place where we could shoot the guns and explore a bit.

We came upon a small town of Genola, Utah (I'm guessing population:200). As we approached the town, marked by the small green sign that says "GENOLA" and the first house on the side of the road I could see a pack of about 3-4 dogs running toward the road. I warned Sam, "Babe, there are dogs running toward the road, keep an eye out."

Well, they emerged from behind the tree and it was two teenage dogs and a GOAT. Just exploring. Just hanging out. Just doin' what "dogs" do. We had a good laugh and kept exploring.

After we explored up a little canyon, shot the guns (by the way, I'm a horrible aim.... haha) and took the truck off road a bit (YES, we tried our HARDEST to be complete rednecks) we were headed back out of town.

We approach the edge of town and once again, in front of us on the road runs a cat... followed by two dogs... and a goat.

I couldn't help but laugh. Two dogs and a goat that run as a pack. It reminds me of my childhood days when we had a piglet who ran with the dogs. Ohhhh, the joys of country life. :)

It kinda makes me miss it.

No comments: