Friday, May 14, 2010

FAUCET FAIL

Last night before Sam left for work I realized our bathtub faucet was about to blow. This has happened in the past and Poppa has always helped me fix it (before Sam and I were together) so I felt I knew what it needed. I asked Sam to help me get under the house so I could turn off the water and I got to work right after he left.

Well, I got the water turned off ok, after braving all the cobwebs (EEWWWWW!!!) and then started to dismantle the faucet. I got two screws into it and for some reason the screw with the allen wrench was WAYYY too tight to get off! I almost broke the allen wrench, so I quit. Pops couldn't get it either. :(

I let Sam know I failed.... I should have listened when he said he would work on it tomorrow. Sometime's I try to be too independent.

I turned the water back on and hoped that the leak would hold at least until Sam could get home and help.

This morning I stumbled into the bathroom to take a shower before work, while Sam is still at work. This is one of those mornings that we pass in the dark.

I turned on the water and pulled the knob to send it to the shower.... AND THE TUB FAUCET SHOT OUT INTO THE TUB!! I had only a pipe spouting water into the tub! I turned off the water and put the faucet back on, it shot off again! Finally I had to sit down and take a bath, it worked, but the thing is still broken.... :(

I don't know if I broke it... I don't know how I would have broken it, I didn't even touch that part of the faucet!!! But still, it's broken.... and now Sam has a mess on his hands. Sorry, Babe. :(

1 comment:

becky said...

I too have left christian with messes. That I still claim I didn't really do or mean to or something. But the best thing will be done before you know it.