Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day hunting

Yesterday was much different than it was for me a year ago.... for the first time ever I was included in the whole Mother's Day celebration.

In the morning we dropped the girls back off at their mom's house and I got hugs and kisses with a few "Happy Step-Mom Day!" giggles in there as well. They were awfully sweet and got me some great presents that were included in with my birthday loot.

It's the start of the turkey hunt.... which means that Sam took me turkey hunting on Mother's Day. I don't hunt, but I got to go for a big long hike while following Sam as he hunts. Going hunting and fishing with Sam gives me the opportunity to be outside ALL DAY and see him in his element, which is pretty fun. (hubba hubba! haha)

This was my view from the blind, which honestly I wasn't in long... prob only an hour or so, but enough to make my bum fall asleep!! Those hunting chairs aren't incredibly comfy.


A close up of that picture reveals Sam out in the trees.... checking to see if those turkeys we were calling to (and who were responding!!!) all day were really out there or not.

I'm sad to report that we didn't get a turkey, but Sam got really good at using his call and we had a great time. It was gorgeous up there and I really enjoyed spending the day together.
On the way back we saw this stump, a heart shaped stump! A perfect ending to a great day together....

p.s. Pics from the birthday BBQ to come!!!

No comments: