Monday, October 5, 2009

A letter a week...

I've written a lot of missionaries in my day... Today I went through an old box of letters/cards/etc I had saved and cleared out things I didn't want or need anymore.

One of those piles was letters from missionaries.

Sure, at the time they meant something and I'm sure I enjoyed every single one of them; but now, I was ready to part with them. The stack was easily about 10 inches tall....

All sorts of missionaries, from all corners of the world. Some with good handwriting, some I had to get others opinions on to decipher. Some I really cared about, some that were mere acquaintances.

Never the less, writing a missionary is always fun... and I did it. A lot.


In that box were also countless cards and notes from friends and family. It made me feel good to remember how much those loving words meant at the time I received them and it made me smile to see that they still haven't lost their charm. I felt a lot of love today....
I have great friends and TREMENDOUS family.
I saved some special ones. Saved ones that touched my heart or held some personality.... but the box is a lot emptier now. Waiting to be filled back up.

1 comment:

gg said...

I have a box too....and I have been married 30 years, but I still have a box of letters from missionaries....

maybe it is time to throw them out...