Monday, October 19, 2009

Hiking with Sam

Today I went hiking with Sam. We wore orange. He carried a gun.

Some may refer to this as hunting.

We went out for grouse, little chicken looking birds that live around these parts. We took Max (Sam's hunting dog) with us... but between the three of us we got skunked. Nothing. We saw grouse poop... that's it.

I've decided that maybe I'm bad luck. We didn't see a single bird today when I was there. In the past when I've gone fishing with Sam he dosen't do so hot... then when I'm not there he catches 19 fish in 3 hours.... Maybe it's me.

I told him he should to out tomorrow without me. See if he has any better luck. For his sake I hope he gets a few birds; but I kind of want him to strike out again... that way we could prove I'm NOT bad luck and I will get to go again.

I'll admit it. I had a really good time today.

I got to hike through the GORGEOUS lands of Utah with my favorite man... we laughed, talked, walked in silence, smiled at eachother across open meadows and stumbled upon this beautiful little pond.


This was my view for most of the day.... :)

So it's official. I'm a fan of hunting. Who would have thought?

1 comment:

becky said...

All the times I've been hunting (3) we see nothing too. I am def. bad luck.