Tuesday, July 26, 2011

You are who you associate with

WHAT WINNERS KNOW: If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room.


I'm working on this and it has made a lot of sense to me lately.
 
I have tried lately to focus on building a friend base with people that are a benefit in my life. I need to surround myself with smart, motivated people.
 
I need it in my friends, I need it in the people I date, I need it with people I meet and network with.
 
So far I've met some great people, people that can teach me and help me grow, people that support and influence my growth and ambition.
 
I'm talking big here. I'm talking graduating from the top universities in the nation, people starting their own businesses, people getting an idea and running with it, multiple academic degree people, people who are always looking to push the boundaries, people who are constantly moving forward. 
 
I find that I'm also becoming more intolerant of negativity and complacency. If you are a glass-half-empty type of person then you don't have a spot around here.
 
Ambition and forward thinking -- that's where it's at... and that's where I'm going.

1 comment:

Matt said...

I like your thinking! Also, I like how I feel - thanks! A LOT!!!!!