Tuesday, July 12, 2011

My "Ride"

My modern dance class every Monday night does wonders for my soul. I used the phrase last night that it "allows my soul to uninhibitedly sing", and that's no exaggeration.

I have had to defend it quite often lately. I have fought tooth and nail to keep that block of time on Monday nights free from my work schedule (at both jobs) and yesterday it was hard to actually run from work and make it on time.

Once I'm there my body settles and my spirit seems to expand into the space just outside my physical being. I know without any doubt that this is where I'm supposed to be and that dancing is meant to be a huge part of re-finding my true self.

Twice now I have had the experience of tears coming during class. My soul is moved and tears emerge. It always reminds me of when Mia Michaels made Blake cry in the SYTYCD rehearsal....

Last night we learned combinations all through class and pieced them together at the end. We got it all mapped out and then our instructor put on the music. To my pleasure I realized that he was playing what is probably my most favorite song ever.

This is the song that fixes any bad day, this is the song that I blast as I drive through the windy canyon because it makes it just that much more fun, this is the song that would definitely be in the highlight film of my life... I LOVE THIS SONG.

So, here it is, just so you can enjoy it too. Ladies and Gentleman, "Ride" by Cary Brothers.


Dancing to this song last night was just another confirmation that this class is where I'm supposed to be, it's worth the fight to be there and it's something I need to keep fighting for. Lucky for me, we are doing the same piece next week as well!! Wahoo!!

No comments: