Wednesday, April 14, 2010

PB & J

I usually make Sam's lunch/dinner for him when he goes to work. I like packing his lunch box and sending him with goodies that I think he will enjoy through the night. It makes me feel like I'm a part of his night, it's something I enjoy.

The other night I was making a PB&J for the baby girl when I thought, "I'll make one for Sam. It's something a little different. Besides, PB&J on white bread is YUMMY. He'll love it."

So, I made up his yummy yummy looking PB&J, added chips, fruit and the rest of his usual yumminess. I zipped it up and sent him off.



The next morning he told me, "Last night I opened my lunch and told the guys, 'geez, I must be in big trouble.' They asked why, I held up my sandwich and said, 'I'm eating peanut butter and jelly tonight." Apparently they all started laughing and nodding in understanding.
I told him that I thought it would be a yummy treat, that I didn't do it to punish him!! (although he might have deserved it, haha) Quite the opposite!! We both laughed and I gave him a quick kiss....
But now I know, PB&J may be yummy when you ask for it, when you are craving it; but when it shows up in your lunch box when you are used to meat/cheese/lettuce/etc sandwiches.... YOU ARE IN TROUBLE!!!
Now I know, meat and cheese sandwiches it is.... from here on out. :)

No comments: